Desktop Support (PUNE-2020-02)
The Desktop Support individual manages varying degrees of problem determination and resolution of desktop hardware and software problems through the effective use of available technical resources. The Desktop Support individual is responsible for daily maintenance and improvement of existing systems, training and supporting staff, while planning for and implementing new technology. This individual is responsible for responding to incoming requests for technical assistance through the use of a helpdesk ticketing system, as well as making rounds within the office to assist in determining future requirements. Strong customer communication and business skills are needed as direct customer interaction is required.
Excellent work ethic, attention to detail, ability to work in a highly collaborative, collegial, multidisciplinary fast paced team environment. Excellent analytical skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities and requests. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Manages projects autonomously in a timely manner.
- Manages and implements new desktop solutions.
- Provide advanced technical support to local network or system users and troubleshoot user software or hardware problems. May exchange equipment parts. Trains customers on various tools and systems. Manages documentation and training material for supported services. Communicates highly technical information to both technical and non-technical personnel.
- Coordinates and leads transfer of customer data during system upgrades or machine breakdowns.
- Guides facilities with on-site project work for office relocation or refurbishment as needed.
- Provides hands on help to other IT groups.
- Efficiently isolate and assess the potential root causes of technical problems and make recommendations for improvement.
- Plan and organize regular PC service improvements (ex: icons, connectivity, patching), desktop image delivery, and technical management processes.
- The team will be required to be compliant with high-level job competencies (ex: wireless support, desktop recovery, first level network assessments, application support, etc.) to sustain strong customer satisfaction rating.
- May be required to transport, set-up, and maintain systems for special events such as trade shows or conferences.
- Receives and works on break/fix requests from the Help Desk. Sends Users replacement systems and receives repaired systems from the repair vendor.
- Performs software updates and monitors system health.
- Creates and maintains User and technical documentation.
- Participates in established change management protocol. Other duties as assigned.
- Some travel may be required.
- Strong awareness of security protocols and email security practices.
- Experience using Sophos EndPoint Protection and Symantec Endpoint Protection AntiVirus software (or similar product) and virus/malware/adware remediation tools.
- Strong sense of customer commitment, loyalty, and urgency.
- Proven demonstration of strong customer focus skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Demonstrate attention to detail on everything you do.
- Demonstrate ability to take initiative and be positive.
- Demonstrate ability to work in a flexible, team environment, and acts as a liaison with relevant users or user groups and assists with determining and communicating their needs.
- Extensive experience working with multiple projects/tasks and the ability to prioritize on the fly.
- Advanced understanding of various desktop Operating Systems including Windows 10 and Mac OSx up to 10.15.
- Experience working with Windows Server up to current versions.
- Thorough understanding of Microsoft 365 service, Microsoft Office 20xx, Outlook, Exchange and other office related software.
- Advanced knowledge of PC hardware: desktops, laptops, printers and mobile phones.
- Extensive experience using a Ticketing System to document problem/resolution issues as reported by Employees.
- Strong ability and willingness to document work, processes, procedures and create work instructions.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Strong knowledge of TCP/IP protocols and WiFi networks
Additional Skills of Interest
- Working knowledge of networks
- Strong experience supporting remote offices and users.
- General exposer or experience supporting users with IIS and Microsoft SQL
- College degree with a major in Computer Science/Information Technology, or 5-7 years of related experience or, an equivalent combination of both experience and education.
- Four (4) years of experience as a Desktop Support Technician.
- Experience working with global companies. (GDPR)
- A+ Certification and Network + Certification
- Customer service focused.
- Must be a team player.
- Microsoft Certification(s) a plus.
- Knowledge of the Pharmaceutical Industry or a Regulated Industry a plus. (HIPPA)
- Experience working in a production Internet facing environment a plus
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Pune, India Office
Salary: Based on experience
Anju Software is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Anju Software provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or status as a veteran. Anju Software complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.