Marketing Content Specialist (LISLE-2020-04)
The Marketing Content Specialist contributes from ideation to creation of Anju Software marketing content and copy for both internal and external (e.g., target buyer) audiences. The content and copy will be used to enrich the quality and quantity of website, email communications, social media, marketing collateral, presentations, publications, press releases, case studies, white papers and more. As such, the role requires a breadth of exceptional and professional writing skills that creatively, expressively, concisely and attractively convey the necessary information. The content needs to be relatable, compelling, and needs to bring a sense of excitement to engage the intended audience(s) while building Anju brand awareness and demonstrating white paper caliber writing. Responsibilities include assisting to refine the work of others as well as accountability for independently generating multiple pieces of content each week. Responsibilities also include helping manage and expand Anju’s social media presence and the associated positive business impacts.
Ability to function in a highly collaborative and fast-paced team environment under stringent deadlines. The ability to manage multiple simultaneous priorities and to deliver multiple work products each week. Excellent work ethic with commitment to high standards of both quality and quantity. Extreme attention to detail; excellent written and oral skills; strong interpersonal communications; strong passion for marketing; proven talent with creative writing skills. Artistic work approach with the ability to work independently and in a collaborative, collegial and fast-moving environment.
- Manage and execute the editorial process from start to finish
- Conduct necessary research, as needed for content creation, from both external and internal sources
- Communicating in a professional but unique “voice” for Anju Software that directly aligns with the organization’s “voice”
- Work with marketing team to incorporate SEO best practices and recommendations to increase traffic to company website and social media platforms
- Assist the marketing team with marketing campaigns and customer-based content
- Conduct competitive analysis studies of comparable organizations to maintain best industry practices
- Develop and manage editorial communications calendar including but not limited to blogs, white papers, marketing newsletters and solution briefs
- Develop and copywrite blog content and press materials to be shared and distributed through media and other channels
- Manage and protect brand perceptions online through active listening and appropriate resolution plan
- Assist with management of blogger and influencer initiatives
- Responsible for conducting research on appropriate material to be composed for public consumption
- Responsible for initiating and conducting interviews with employees, scientists, clients, or industry leaders to compile data for writings
- Partner with Marketing to stay informed on all up-coming forums and symposiums and release writing pieces accordingly
- Actively keep abreast of Anju Software’s new product releases and product updates
- Actively seek and accept other work and projects, as needed by other team members
- Knowledge of digital and conventional marketing and good understanding of major marketing channels.
- Understanding of online publishing to produce content for websites.
- Positive can-do attitude, detail and customer orientated with good multi-tasking and organizational skills
- Excellent oral and writing skills with an exceptional command of grammar and spelling.
- Strong copywriting and editing skills.
- White paper caliber writing skills
- Proficient in AP style writing.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate technical ideas clearly and effectively in writing pieces.
- Ability to develop strong relationships across departments to leverage specialized skills or experiences for gathering information for writing pieces.
- Ability to analyze scientific and technical information, publications, and data; then translate the information into writing that can easily be understood by readers of all audiences including non-technical backgrounds.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced team or independent environment
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- Ability to write both long-form and short-form content
- Ability to work with both a content management and collaboration platform
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Journalism or related field
- 2 Years of SEO and digital marketing experience required
- 5 Years of experience in life sciences industry preferred
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment and meet stringent timelines
- Experience working with business development (sales) teams
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong grammar skills
- Must have considerable background in both the sciences and writing
- Portfolio of writing samples available
- Fluency in English
- Experience working with a global company preferred
The Department Head has the discretion to hire personnel with a combination of experience and education which may vary from the above listed qualifications.
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Lisle, IL Office
Salary: Based on experience
Anju Software is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Anju Software provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or status as a veteran. Anju Software complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.