Controller (Ft Lauderdale, FL)
The Global Controller role is accountable for the accounting operations of the entire company and is responsible for managing, developing, and implementing appropriate procedures, controls, and systems of a global organization with operations through the Americas, EMEA, and APAC. These responsibilities include the production of financial reports, implementation and maintenance of systems to enhance automation, and comprehensive controls designed to enhance the accuracy of the financial results, to comply with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, and to mitigate risk and safeguard the company’s assets. The role also includes leading integration for G&A and recording acquisitions, including valuation of intangibles and purchase accounting. In addition, this role oversees and is responsible for the success of audits under US GAAP and statutory audits throughout our foreign entities.
Strong attention to detail; self-motivated; results oriented; system savvy, automation focused; ability to efficiently multi-task on several project simultaneously; excellent command of verbal and written communication; effective manager of a dispersed organization; organized; outstanding character while working in a team environment; able to establish a sense of trust with employees and clients alike; ability to perform under pressure and ability to communicate changes in a non-confrontational manner with clients and employees.
- Oversee the operations of the accounting department
- Establish and ensure compliance with a Global monthly close calendar, standard journal entries and standard reconciliations
- Establish accounting policies in accordance with US GAAP
- Ensure accurate & timely financials are in compliance with US GAAP standards
- Ensure software revenue recognition is accurate, including review of contracts and use of systems to make certain revenue is recording in according with current revenue recognition policies and processes are effective to ensure compliance
- Ensure compliance with all federal, state, and local corporate, payroll, and other applicable taxes and regulations
- Identify and resolve any areas of concern in financials for investigation
- Ensure financial accounts are properly supported and reconciled.
- Responsible for establishing and ensuring compliance to internal controls.
- Review and ensure accurate and timely computation of commissions and all other expenses
- Coordination of audit and the gathering of required audit information, preparation of financial statements & footnotes, and preparation of tax accounts
- Direct the daily activities of team members, including hiring, coaching, reviewing work, establishing goals and performance management
- Strong communication with executive leadership and senior leaders throughout the organization
- Lead accounting integration from acquisitions as well as valuation of intangibles and purchase accounting
- Leverage NetSuite and other financial systems to continuously improve efficiency and decrease non-value added activities
- Support leadership in creating an environment in the organization which fosters a mindset focused on performance, accountability, and risk mitigation
- Previous experience in a Controller position with a private equity backed company
- Experience managing a dispersed team in a world-wide organization
- Experience mentoring and guiding team members to perform their tasks with freedom within their framework.
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles, procedures, and internal controls
- Detailed understanding of 606 revenue recognition
- Software industry experience
- Previous NetSuite experience
- Experience with Salesforce.com, FloQast, and Zone Advanced Billing a plus
- BS or BA in Accounting
- Master’s in Accounting a plus
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA
Job Type: Full-time
Location: 2101 West Commercial Blvd. Suite 3500, Fort Lauderdale, FL USA
Salary: Based on experience