Database Administrator (Pune, INDIA)
This position is responsible for maintaining, optimizing and providing 24/7 support of the database management systems for Anju’s core product offerings based on Microsoft database technologies. Primarily provide DBA support for the Microsoft SQL Server infrastructure which includes programming, installation, monitoring, tuning and troubleshooting issues for a commercially hosted 3-tier application in a high availability environment. Support in optimizing database performance and manage all database upgrades or migrations. Interface with the software development team to provide database design work and support.
Excellent work ethic, attention to detail, ability to work in a highly collaborative, collegial, multidisciplinary fast paced team environment. Excellent analytical skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities and requests. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to work independently and meet requested deadlines promptly.
- Support of production database services to ensure the highest standards of availability, resilience,
integrity, security and performance required by our business systems.
- Maintaining multiple Microsoft SQL Server Cluster environments – configuring raw disks, installing Microsoft software, performance tuning in a high availability SAN environment.
- Microsoft SQL Server management – setting up new databases, adding disk space to existing databases and re-building fragmented indexes.
- Install, configure, upgrade software and apply updates to maintain client environments.
- Develop, set up and manage automated backups.
- Set up and manage scheduled database jobs.
- Performance tuning and database optimization.
- Expert problem diagnosis.
- Recommend design alternatives on new and existing relational database models.
- Developing SQL and PL/SQL scripts.
- Setup centralized proactive monitoring, execute scripts, patches, backup reports, status reports and performance monitoring.
- Capacity planning.
- Provision of support and assistance to development team in the design, development, testing, tuning and implementation of database applications.
- Provision of database development and testing environments.
- Assist Quality Assurance, IT and Technical Support staff as required, to resolve both internal and
external client issues.
- Ability to work during non-business hours including weekends and holidays, as needed.
- Some travel may be required.
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server 2000, 2005, 2008, 2008R2, 2012 and 2016 with production support experience in a multi-project environment.
- In-depth knowledge of SQL and PL/SQL including tuning.
- SQL performance and tuning skills including server configuration and tracing facilities.
- Good working knowledge of job scheduling and monitoring tools.
- Experience working with multiple projects/tasks and the ability to prioritize quickly and without
- Managing and supporting SQL cluster environments.
- Experience with supporting multiple teams within a business.
- Strong sense of customer commitment, loyalty, and urgency.
- Equivalent skills for Oracle 10g/11g and up.
- Applicable Oracle, Linux or Microsoft certifications.
- Sharepoint Administration a plus.
- Excellent documentation skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision.
- Ability to communicate effectively with employees at all levels within the organization
- College degree with a major in Computer Science/Information Technology or 5-10 years of related experience in database programming languages similar to SQL. Relational databases such as Oracle or Microsoft SQL and Linux/Windows server operating systems or an equivalent combination of both experience and education in a computer programming language and relational database.
- Knowledge of the Pharmaceutical Industry or Regulated Industry preferable.
- Proven experience working in a production Internet facing environment.
- Customer service focused.
- Must be a team player.
Job Type: Full-time
Location: 401/402, Pride Portal, Shivaji Housing Society, Off. S.B. Road, Shivaji Nagar, Pune 411-016, INDIA
Salary: Based on experience