Desktop Support I (Lisle, IL)
The Desktop Support I performs varying degrees of problem determination and resolution of desktop hardware and software problems through the effective use of available technical resources. The desktop support technician will responsible for daily maintenance and improvement of existing systems, training and supporting staff, while planning for and implementing new technology. This individual is responsible for responding to incoming requests for technical assistance through the use of a helpdesk ticketing system, as well as making rounds within the office to assist in determine future requirements. Strong customer communication and business skills are needed as direct customer interaction is required.
Excellent work ethic, attention to detail, ability to work in a highly collaborative, collegial, multidisciplinary fast paced team environment. Excellent analytical skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities and requests. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Provide advanced technical support to local network or system users and troubleshoots user software or hardware problems. May exchange equipment parts. May train customers on various tools and systems. Maintains documentation and training material for supported services.
- Communicates highly technical information to both technical and non-technical personnel.
- Coordinates transfer of customer data during system upgrades or machine breakdowns.
- Assists facilities with on-site project work for office relocation or refurbishment as needed.
- Provides hands on help to other IT groups.
- Efficiently isolate and assess the potential root causes of technical problems
- Plan and organize regular PC service improvements (ex: icons, connectivity, patching), desktop image delivery, and technical management processes
- Evaluate new hardware and software.
- The team will be required to be compliant with high-level job competencies (ex: wireless support, desktop recovery, first level network assessments, application support, etc) to sustain strong customer satisfaction rating.
- May be required to transport, set-up, and maintain systems for special events such as trade shows or conferences.
- Receives and works on break/fix requests from the Help Desk. Sends Users replacement systems and receives repaired systems from the repair vendor.
- Performs software updates and monitors system health
- Creates and maintains User and technical documentation.
- Participates in established change management protocol
- Other duties as assigned
- Some travel may be required
- Strong sense of customer commitment, loyalty, and urgency.
- Demonstrate strong customer focus skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Demonstrate attention to detail on everything you do
- Demonstrate ability to take initiative and be positive.
- Demonstrate ability to work in a flexible, team environment, and acts as a liaison with relevant users or user groups and assists with determining and communicating their needs.
- Experience working with multiple projects/tasks and the ability to prioritize on the fly.
- Advanced understanding of various desktop Operating Systems including Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 10.
- Familiarity setting up and administrating Windows Server 2008, 2012 R2, and 2016.
- Thorough understanding of Microsoft O365, Office 20xx, Outlook, Exchange and other office related software.
- Advanced knowledge of PC hardware: desktops, laptops, printers and mobile phones.
- Experience using a Ticketing System to document problem/resolution issues as reported by Employees
- Ability and willingness to document work, processes, procedures or work instructions
- Familiarity with utilizing desktop imaging tools to streamline desktop rollouts
- Experience using Symantec Backup Exec \ Veritas for backups (or similar product)
- Experience using Symantec Endpoint Protection AntiVirus software (or similar product)
- Excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Strong knowledge of TCP/IP protocols.
- Working knowledge of networks
- Experience supporting remote data centers
- Experience supporting remote offices and users
- Experience supporting IIS and Microsoft SQL
- College degree with a major in Computer Science/Information Technology, or 2-4 years of related experience. Or, an equivalent combination of both experience and education in information technology.
- Three years of experience as a Desktop Support Technician.
- A+ Certification and Network + Certification
- Customer service focused
- Must be a team player
- Microsoft Certification(s) a plus
- Knowledge of the Pharmaceutical Industry or Regulated Industry a plus
- Experience working in a production Internet facing environment a plus.
Job Type: Full-time
Location: 4343 Commerce Court, Suite 501, Lisle, IL USA
Salary: Based on experience