Director of Business Development (California, US)
The Director of Business Development position requires the ability to identify and pursue new business opportunities with existing clients as well as future prospects. The Director of Business Development must possess a strong ability to manage the sales life cycle with proven closing capability. The individual must be able to work both independently and in collaboration with co-workers when assistance is needed during the sales cycle.
Possess the ability to think outside the box; outstanding character while working within a team environment; excellent communication skills including both listening and presentation skills; self starter; organized; possess compassion for co-workers and clients alike; and the ability to maintain a professional attitude and appearance under any circumstance.
- Cultivate new business and develop a market presence in the territory assigned.
- Present the Company's products through on-line and/or on-site demonstrations and have the knowledge to answer questions about the demonstrated product and support services.
- Develop and respond to RFIs and RFPs and pricing proposals within the Company's guidelines.
- Actively pursue lead generation through cold calling and networking activities as required to close new business.
- Ability to, as needed, assist new clients through the initial phases of a new trial roll out.
- Provide weekly sales status updates to the direct manager.
- Represent the Company at industry trade shows and symposiums.
- Work with Senior Leadership and other department managers to maximize attainment of territory goals and repeat business.
- Strong prospecting and closing skills.
- Team player, effective communicator, and listener.
- Effective planning, organization, and territory management skills.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to communicate well within all levels of the organization.
- Ability to effectively communicate technical and non-technical information both internally and to clients.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Formal sales training (Solution Selling, Strategic Selling, Challenger Selling, etc,)
- 5+ years successful software/services sales experience to include consistent over quota production.
- Ability to efficiently work from a home office environment.
- Industry (clinical trials or biopharma) specific sales experience is required.
- eClinical technology (EDC, CTMS, RTSM, eTMF, or RBQM) sales experience a plus.
- MBA preferred.
Job Type: Full-time
Location: California US
Salary: Based on experience