IT Linux Manager (Ft Lauderdale, FL)
The IT Linux Manager position is responsible for supporting all aspects of implementations, deployments and ongoing maintenance of all Linux, Microsoft and Cloud solutions. This position will lead Linux administrators and deals specifically with all day-to-day operations of global supported applications and server infrastructure platforms and works very closely with the Systems manager and administrators.
Strong organizational management skills; communication and interpersonal skills; strategic thinking; an ability to function in a collaborative, collegial and pressurized environment; responsive decision-making; high integrity and intelligence; excellent judgment; a conceptual thinker; an ability to generate trust and work well with co-workers.
- Participates in the ongoing design, deployment, and maintenance of all Linux, Microsoft and Cloud deployments.
- Designs and maintains Cloud Operations processes and procedures.
- Manage third party vendor relationship.
- High Availability and Disaster recovery implementations using cloud solutions.
- Implementation and administration of Cloud solutions.
- Works with software and hardware vendors on troubleshooting and new implementations.
- Creates and provides repeatable documentation for use by other team members.
- Linux Ubuntu administration.
- AWS Kubernetes Cluster Administration.
- Azure Data Factory administration and design.
- Experience with Windows 2012/2016/2019, MySQL & MSSQL administration.
- Participates in the server build and deployment process.
- Leads established change management protocol.
- Performs software updates, backups and monitors system health.
- Provides scheduled and impromptu management reports.
- Provides after hour support for planned and emergency maintenance, performs on-call emergency support service, and patching when required.
- Expert problem diagnosis.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to work independently and with limited supervision.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast pace environment while meeting deadlines.
- Self-starter who takes ownership and initiative while working well with others.
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent work experience.
- 5-10 years working as a systems and Linux administrator.
- Expert knowledge of Linux in any cloud platform.
- Ability to architect, deploy and administer computing services in various Cloud Infrastructure.
- Experience with designing and implementing application and infrastructure monitoring solutions.
- Experience in architecting security architectures across infrastructure and applications.
- Must have knowledge of internet protocols including TCP/IP, DNS, HTTP, SMTP, SNMP, and SSH.
- Experience building and deploying multi-tier, scalable, and highly available applications.
- Windows Server 2012/2016/2019 administration.
- Knowledge of systems, applications, and network security a plus.
- Expert in Linux administration and a solid understanding of network security
- Knowledge of system application and network security a plus.
- Must be committed to providing fault tolerant and highly available systems/services.
- Ability to assume significant responsibility and operate at a high level both independently and as part of a team effort.
- Must be a team player.
- Committed to the delivery of a high quality of customer service to both internal and external customers.
Job Type: Full-time
Location: 2101 West Commercial Blvd. Suite 3500, Fort Lauderdale, FL USA
Salary: Based on experience