Linux Administrator (Pune, INDIA)
The Linux Administrator position is responsible for supporting all aspects of implementations, deployments and ongoing maintenance of all Linux, Microsoft and Cloud solutions. This position deals specifically with all day-to-day operations of global supported applications and server infrastructure platforms. Maintenance of AWS structure including Kubernetes, Jenkins and AWS deployed Docker images.
Leadership abilities; communication and interpersonal skills; an ability to function in a collaborative, collegial and pressurized environment; responsiveness; high integrity and intelligence; excellent judgment; a conceptual thinker; exceptional analytical skills; an ability to generate trust and work well with co-workers.
- Participates in the ongoing design, deployment, and maintenance of all Linux, Microsoft and Cloud deployments.
- Creates, designs and maintains Cloud Operations processes and procedures.
- High Availability and Disaster recovery implementations using cloud solutions.
- Maintain AWS Docker and Kubernetes infrastructure administration.
- Develop and improve deployments through the use of Ansible Scripts, Terraform, etc.
- Implementation and administration of Cloud solutions.
- Works with software and hardware vendors on new implementations.
- Creates all required documentation for solutions.
- Linux Ubuntu administration.
- Azure Data Factory administration.
- MySQL & Microsoft SQL administration.
- Windows 2012/2016/2019 administration.
- Participates in the server build and deployment process.
- Participates in established change management protocol.
- Performs software updates, backups and monitors system health.
- Provides scheduled and impromptu management reports.
- Provides after hour support for planned and emergency maintenance, performs on-call emergency support service, and patching when required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to work independently and with limited supervision.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast pace environment while meeting deadlines.
- Self-starter who takes ownership and initiative while working well in collaboration with others.
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
- Strong organizational skills and exceptional time management.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 5+ years of working as a systems or Linux administrator.
- Expert knowledge of cloud platforms: AWS & Azure.
- Ability to architect, deploy and administer computing services in various Cloud Infrastructure.
- Experience with designing and implementing application and infrastructure monitoring solutions.
- Experience in architecting security architectures across infrastructure and applications.
- Experience building and deploying multi-tier, scalable, and highly available applications.
- Windows Server 2012/2016/2019 administration.
- Knowledge of systems, applications, and network security a plus.
- Linux administration and a solid understanding of network security, managing certificates etc.
- Strong experience working with automation tooling (Terraform, Ansible, etc).
- Experience and understanding of Docker, Kubernetes, AWS EC2 & Azure.
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines, Gradle, Jenkins, Gitlab.
- Experience with deploying/developing systems with Spring, NodeJs is a plus.
- Must be committed to providing fault tolerant and highly available systems/services.
- Ability to assume significant responsibility and operate at a high level both independently and as part of a team effort.
- Must be a team player.
- Committed to the delivery of a high quality of customer service to both internal and external customers.
Job Type: Full-time
Location: 401/402, Pride Portal, Shivaji Housing Society, Off. S.B. Road, Shivaji Nagar, Pune 411-016, INDIA
Salary: Based on experience