Senior Project Manager (Lisle, IL)
The Senior Project Manager is responsible for managing multiple concurrent software implementation projects focused on the delivery of Anju Software technology to customers using a “Software as a Service” (SaaS) model. The Senior Project Manager is ultimately responsible for overall project quality, timeliness, budget, and customer satisfaction.
Excellent work ethic; strong problem solver; outstanding character while working within a team environment; excellent communication skills; self starter; professional; possess compassion for co-workers and customers alike. The Senior Project Manager position requires attention to detail, strong technical skills, the ability to work in a very fast-paced, collaborative, multi-disciplinary environment, and a passion for quality and delivery excellence.
- Participates in the RFP process and provides feedback to the sales team on proposals and cost estimates.
- Serves as the primary liaison to some of the larger Anju Software customers and is responsible for maintaining consistent communications and creating a collaborative working relationship with the client.
- Ability to support as an escalation point for any projects that may need the intervention of a more senior level resource to help deflate or negotiate any customer escalations.
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget.
- Assembles and drives cross-functional project teams, identifies resources needed, and delivers detailed project plans and schedules to ensure on-time completion of projects.
- Completes system configuration to delivery customer requested functionality.
- Communicates frequently with the customer, team members and Anju Management regarding project status, and identifies and resolves project problems, issues, and risks.
- Manages RAID log, customer status reports, project scope, and key deliverables.
- Executes the actions necessary to resolve project problems/issues and reports on mitigating steps and actions taken to ensure timely deliverables, project success and quality.
- Provides status reports highlighting accomplishments, plans and issues to project team members and Anju Management.
- Works collaboratively with other Project Managers to develop and implement project planning methodology, tools and standards, to promote consistency in how projects are run at Anju Software.
- Cultivates inter-departmental relationships and promotes a positive work environment.
- Provides training on the application to the client if training personnel are not available.
- Offer guidance to other Project Managers and team members throughout the project lifecycle.
- Evaluate and suggest product changes that may enhance and simplify the customer experience.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must have a sound knowledge of Microsoft Project, Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft Visio, SharePoint, Adobe, Software Development Life Cycle, Project Life Cycle, and Agile Methodologies
- A background managing complex projects, with excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated ability to work with all levels within an organization.
- Comfortable presenting in front of the client and multiple stakeholders
- Ability to perform independently and under pressure of time constraints.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously in a deadline driven process.
- Utilizes sound and proven project management methodology (processes, best practices, tools and templates).
- Ability to identify and implement process improvements to deliver projects more efficiently.
- Outstanding time management and organizational skills.
- Confident team leader and team builder with strong motivational skills.
- Adept in problem solving and resolving conflict.
- Able to manage internal customer relationships and expectations, through negotiation and partnering.
- Ability to understand technical vision and communicate it to both technical and non-technical parties.
- Ability to think strategically, solve problems effectively and follow-through to ensure client success.
- Ability to perform business travel as directed by management and dictated by customer needs.
- A working knowledge of medical information and pharmacovigilance industry practices including Validated systems.
- Experience in publication management software preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Computer Science / Information Technology, Business Operations or Health Sciences discipline, or equivalent.
- Minimum of 5 years’ work experience as a Project Manager and 3 years as a Senior Project Manager.
- A proven track record of managing internal and external clients is necessary, as is a proven ability to ensure tight deadlines are met by the project team.
- The individual should also understand Life Sciences business functions with the ability to understand complex software and be adept at conflict resolution and negotiation with proficiency at multi-tasking, problem solving and creative thinking.
- Experience working in Life Sciences or Pharmaceutical Industry is preferred.
- Consistent success in driving teams to meet aggressive deadlines.
Job Type: Full-time
Location: 4343 Commerce Court, Suite 501, Lisle, IL USA
Salary: Based on experience