Staff Accountant (Ft Lauderdale, FL)
The Staff Accountant should be energetic and self-motivated with a strong attention to detail. The incumbent should be well versed in basic accounting principles and have the ability to contribute to the monthly, quarterly and annual close processes. Solid written and verbal communication skills, the ability to multi-task projects with a strong sense of integrity while maintaining confidentiality are essential to successfully carrying out the duties of this position.
Excellent work ethic; strong communication and interpersonal skills; ability to function in a collaborative, collegial and pressurized environment; responsiveness; high integrity and intelligence; excellent judgment; a conceptual thinker – strategic as well as pragmatic; and an ability to generate trust and build alliances with co-workers.
- Prepare general ledger entries and maintain records and files.
- Assist with the timely, accurate monthly, quarterly and annual close processes.
- Cash flow management.
- Assist with Accounts Payables and Accounts Receivables.
- Prepare account analysis and reconciliations for various general ledger accounts.
- Responsible for ensuring the reliable performance of ERP system. Participates in projects to implement, test and design ERP systems and applications.
- Accounting oversight for international subsidiaries.
- Prepares payments by accruing expenses; assigning account numbers; requesting disbursements.
- Answers accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data.
- Maintain up to date documentation in compliance with internal/external controls.
- Responsible for the preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual reporting and financial statements.
- Responsible for integration with other systems (payroll, CRM).
- Ability to interact effectively with people at all organizational levels.
- Analytical, detail focus, problem-solving, decision making and organization/planning aptitude.
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Including the ability to communicate accounting and finance matters to non-financial personnel.
- Ability to work in a team as well as independently.
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- In depth knowledge of financial and accounting software applications.
- Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and projections.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or a related field is required.
- NetSuite experience a plus.
Job Type: Full-time
Location: 2101 West Commercial Blvd. Suite 3500, Fort Lauderdale, FL USA
Salary: Based on experience