Systems Engineer (Remote US)
As a member of the Anju IT Team, the Systems Engineer is responsible for working on and managing all phases of systems administration including definition, design, implementation, and testing of new and updated systems. At its core, this role requires excellent problem-solving and technical skills and knowledge. Our new team member will need to effectively communicate, collaborate, and influence engineering and business team members. Additionally, they will support incident responses, internal users, troubleshooting issues, etc.
Power Smarter Treatments and Healthier People
Anju Software is leading the digital transformation of life sciences, creating hope for millions of patients. Anju helps generate the evidence and insights to pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device and diagnostics companies, and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk, and optimize outcomes.
Do what you love!
- Support the design, implementation and manage secure, scalable and reliable cloud based systems
- Provide technical guidance and serve as an escalation point for other business units
- Support the development of Anju’s product offerings
- Define, communicate and manage the execution of infrastructure strategy, and standards based on the current state and of the organization
- Participate in the IT planning process and ensure architectural designs and principles are incorporated in implementations
- Establish monitoring requirements for servers and applications as well as develop and deploy alerting strategies
- Evaluate existing or emerging technologies to consider factors such as cost, security, compatibility and usability
- Work with project teams to migrate legacy applications to cloud platforms
- Establish strong relationships with key organizational stakeholders to support facilitation, communication, and collaboration of IT initiatives
- Create risk mitigation strategies when vulnerabilities cannot be remedied and work with IT security to review and act on any directed changes
- Design and deploy best practices regarding system monitoring, change control, infrastructure policies and standards
- Develop and maintain documentation for supported applications, processes, and training material
- Assist with storage analysis, capacity planning, and performance planning of storage components
- Other duties as assigned from time to time
Intellectually curious, critical thinker, technology enthusiast, an ability to function in a collaborative, collegial and pressurized environment; responsiveness; high integrity and intelligence.
- Ability to work independently and with limited supervision
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast pace environment while meeting deadlines
- Self-starter who takes ownership and initiative while working well in collaboration with others
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization
Your Education & Experience
- 5+ years experience designing, implementing and managing a variety of infrastructure solutions in a product focused technology company
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Azure, PowerShell, CLI and IaaS
- Experience with Active Directory and DNS in a multi-subnet, multi-site environment
- Must have knowledge of internet protocols including TCP/IP, DNS, HTTP, SMTP, SNMP, and SSH
- Strong Backup job creation and maintenance using scripting
- Hands-on experience in Windows Server
- Proficient with Microsoft Exchange Implementations and support
- Experience with Virtualization using VMWare
- Ability to support various SAN, NAS and DAS storage implementations
- Must have understanding of IP networks, network components, and troubleshooting using tools to diagnose and resolve network issues
- Knowledge of system, application, and network security
- Must have experience working in a co-location Data Center environment
- Must be committed to providing fault tolerant and highly available systems/services
- Committed to the delivery of a high quality of customer service to both internal and external customers
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS, technical discipline or equivalent experience
- Proven experience working in a production internet facing environment
The Department Head has the discretion to hire personnel with a combination of experience and education which may vary from the above listed qualifications.
Please submit resume and cover letter to: US-EU-OpenReqs@AnjuSoftware.com
Anju Software is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Anju Software provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or status as a veteran. Anju Software complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.