Data Analyst (Pune, India)
The Data Analyst will help find, refine, include and QA data for our clients, and will analyze these data and report results. The role is ideal for someone who thrives in a fast-paced environment, is highly collaborative, welcomes input from all sides, and perseveres with focus on addressing client business problems. The Data Analyst will assist in gathering business requirements and acquire and manipulate large datasets, with an eye for detail to catch data integrity issues.
Organized, thrives when working toward a deadline, enjoys working independently, collaborative in nature; enjoys teamwork, curious in nature; displays the mind of a detective, technically nimble, eager to learn new applications.
The ideal candidate has excellent work ethics; commitment to high quality service delivery and attention to detail; ability to work in a fast paced, multidisciplinary environment.
- Researching literature, clinical trial, and other scientific and healthcare databases and sources
- Conference Authority and Journal Selector (Data Capture)
- Update conference records monthly/journal records annually and verify the accuracy of updates
- Web searches including blogs, forums, news feeds
- Performing data cleaning and validation to ensure data integrity
- Process improvement to existing data curation process and documentation
- Delivering against established task timelines
- Involve in data mining and cleaning
- Communicating progress, issues, and results to stakeholders
- Manage and keep up to date all work-related procedures
- Advanced Microsoft Excel (data manipulation and formulae creation in Excel)
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work across national/cultural boundaries and time-zones
- Cross-functional experience with excellent organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Methodical approach to data cleaning and database management. Having an eye for detail is an absolute must
- Strong analytical skills
- Highly computer literate with demonstrated proficiency in Windows and Microsoft Office applications, including browsers, like Internet Explorer and Chrome. Knowledge of database applications and ability to learn new systems quickly is required.
- Understanding of conference schedules and deadlines, abstract submission procedures, and future conference planning.
- Understanding of biotech and/or pharmaceutical publication processes
- Bachelor’s degree in Pharmaceutical Sciences, Biomedical Sciences, Molecular Biology, Computer Science, or related field
- Knowledge of databases and/or query languages (SQL)
- Experienced with large data sets
- Proficient in English
The Department Head has the discretion to hire personnel with a combination of experience and education which may vary from the above listed qualifications.
Please submit resume and cover letter to: India-OpenReqs@AnjuSoftware.com
Job Type : Full-time
Location : Pune, India
Salary : Based on experience
Anju Software is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Anju Software provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or status as a veteran. Anju Software complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.