Senior Technical Support Engineer (Pune, India)
As a member of Anju team, you will be part of a passionate team that builds strategic and innovative software. You will work with a team that is passionate about our products and puts our customers first. We are a roll-up-your-sleeves group with expectations that you will do the same.
The Senior Technical Support Engineer is a technical expert who acts as the primary interface between first/second line support and core engineering teams. He/she is responsible for handling work requests (which can be internally or externally generated) that have been routed for diagnosis and implementation while regularly updating internal and/or external customers. The Senior Technical Support Engineer will handle work requests directly or solicit assistance from the core engineering teams within the R&D team for non-known issues/defect reporting. The Senior Technical Support Engineer would also identify applications defects, then test and document them for the core engineering teams to fix as part of the product.
Strong work ethics; outstanding character while working within a team environment; excellent communication skills; self-starter with can-do attitude; possess compassion for co-workers and clients alike; and professional.
Demonstrates strong organizational skills along with excellent written and verbal communication skills; must be able to work on multiple tasks during the same time frame and meet deadlines with accuracy and efficiency; must be willing to work extended hours to meet project deadlines.
- Provide support for internal and external customers
- Manage work requests that describe particular issues, software bugs or customer problems and properly taking ownership of issues through to resolution
- Develop appropriate fixes or SQL scripts to resolve customer problems, or identify existing scripts or patches that must be applied
- Reproduce technical problems, diagnose causes, identify temporary and interim-term solutions and communicate status updates to clients
- Distinguish between application database, operating system, network, and hardware problems and properly taking ownership of issues through to resolution
- Debug applications, and log any newly identified defects
- Properly document detailed investigational results to triage issues to other departments for further investigation and/or resolution
- Provide general process analysis and make recommendations for improvements
- Participate in weekend on-call rotation for critical issues escalation
- Present complex technical information to non-technical audiences
- Provide accurate and complete problem resolution documentation for future reference and management reporting
- Take part in the creation and maintenance of knowledge base data
- Continually increase subject matter knowledge on Anju products
- Interact with other Anju teams to ensure application efficiency, effectiveness and conformance with regulatory and legislative controls
- Sound analytical, organizational and planning skills and the ability to achieve multiple teams and customer objectives independently and in a deadline-sensitive fashion
- Superior organization and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to work independently but with a team-focused approach within multi-disciplinary teams
- Strong commitment to quality and attention to detail
- A seasoned analyst with a proven record of satisfying clients.
- Act as reference point for the entire team on various application topics and is able to resolve most of the items escalated from the first/second line support.
- Customer focus and a proven proactive approach, ability to understand and define customer needs quickly and effectively
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in Computer Science, Information Systems or Life Sciences, or equivalent engineering experience
- SQL Server-specific training/work experience
- Intermediate experience with SQL (e.g. MySQL, PostgreSQL, MSSQL)
- Intermediate experience with C#, Visual Studios and ASP.NET
- Experience with application debugging
- 5 – 8 years of experience working in a regulated environment
- Experience in the Pharmaceutical / Healthcare/Clinical industry a strong plus
- Basic experience with Ruby, Java and HTML code
- Clinical Trial experience a plus
The Department Head has the discretion to hire personnel with a combination of experience and education which may vary from the above listed qualifications.
Please submit resume and cover letter to: India-OpenReqs@AnjuSoftware.com
Job Type : Full-time
Location : Pune, India
Salary : Based on experience
Anju Software is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Anju Software provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or status as a veteran. Anju Software complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.